Africa

Africa

Monday, August 17, 2015

March Meal: Zucchini Spaghetti

March's Meal was made in...May (and published in August). I'm two months late because life. But really, finals, wedding, etc. etc. means I'm a few months late in making my meals. But I'm not letting being late stop me from my monthly goal!

This meal was sooooo easy. As you can probably tell, Clay and I love veggies. Zucchini is one of our faves.

There are 5 ingredients to this meal:
  • Zucchini, 1 feeds one person
  • Ground Beef, 90-95% lean (we actually used 85% lean because that's all I could find so we weren't as healthy as we could have been)
  • Olive Oil, a tablespoon-ish or two or three
  • Pasta Sauce (the amount depends on how much meat you have and your personal preference)
  • Salt/Pepper

  1.  Cut up the zucchini and put slices on baking sheet. Pour olive oil over slices and a pinch of salt/pepper. Bake for 20ish minutes at 375 degrees. I like mine to be a little burnt because it makes it crunchier so just check it every now and then until you are satisfied. I would probably flip the zucchini over once because sometimes the bottom can get more burnt than the top. [Handy tip: put foil over the baking sheet before you lay the slices on them. It will help the olive oil not seep into the sheet as much and will be a breeze to clean up!]
  2. Heat the beef in a skillet over the stove until the meat turns brown. (I know. Duh. But some of the people reading this might not know and I can't be held responsible for their food borne illness.)
  3. Once the meat has been cooked for about 30 minutes, drain all the grease into a container you can discard later. Remember you don't ever want to put grease down the disposal.
  4. Add the pasta sauce to the ground beef and let simmer for a few minutes until ready to serve.
  5. Place the zucchini slices on a plate and top with the meat/sauce! Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment